Monday, March 12, 2012

Satisfaction

I started crocheting before I was diagnosed, and now it has turned into therapy for me. I am still a beginner, but it helps me unwind by methodically stitching and watching my project grow. When I finally finish something (it takes me awhile I generally have to unravel and start over at least once) I feel immense satisfaction that I completed something, and that I made something myself instead of going out and buying it. I crack myself up because I am not good at taking my time and following directions or going about it the way they explain if I can figure it out right away. If I get impatient I will just do it, and if it works I feel as though I conquered the boring voices in my instruction book, but when it doesn't...well like I said I unravel at least once. I have made two little purses, and now I am thinking about attempting a hat...hopefully I don't turn into an ugly sweater knitter...I don't think my husband would put up with that.

This is my latest accomplishment!


No comments:

Post a Comment