Monday, April 2, 2012

Almost there...

Well this is the week. A couple weeks ago I was saying "Ughhh lets get it over with!" But now that it is only three days away I am trying to skid to a stop and wishing I had a couple more weeks left! My "To Do" list is so long, mostly because I am trying not to think of my surgery, and I find myself just sitting and spacing out. I think it is the thought of not know what is to come (I know I might sounds dramatic) but how am I going to feel? How am I going to finish all of my papers that are due? Will I be able to concentrate? The side effects of Hypothyroidism are mood swings (sorry Hubby), difficulty concentrating (sorry professors), weight gain (sorry Hubby) and some hair loss.

I know and am grateful that many of the side effects won't occur if I get on the hormone replacements, but hearing people say "this is the best type of cancer to have," "you will feel fine," "its no big deal," drives me crazy sometimes. And I know this is meant for comfort, and that everyone will be like "so what else should I say" but when you are aware that cancer is in your body no matter what kind of cancer you have it is cancer and it sucks. Sounds like the mood swings have already begun I know. :) No matter what things will be different, but I will be a better person for it, a better wife, friend, and eventually mother for it. I'll have this life experience that I will be able to use to offer advice and support to someone in the same situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment